Wednesday 26 October 2011

hot off the press

To-day I was going to be working on ....this


(I know it does not look like much...but...its the start of me making Christmas presents)

HOWEVER I went to quilt group in Congleton (Beartown) last night, first off we received our fabric pack for the Christmas challenge...make whatever you want...just make sure you use the fabric in the pack! Need to get my thinking cap on.....AGAIN!


Then, we had a mystery block make. ALL work done by hand, which is good for me because I am not a fan of the machine ...or The Beast as it is known here! Well I made my block...took it home ...and was not happy with it!


SO, what to do? I had arranged a SKYPE session with Sally ,so, while waiting for her I cut out and began to make another one...using The Beast....sometimes you just HAVE to. I was MUCH happier with this block .......SO........


instead of going to bed I made another one!! Which I like as well!



THEN I went to bed....and thought about the blocks I had made.



 When I got up this morning I was still thinking about them....I can get a bit obsessional at times! ....SO after walking the boys, and making our breakfast I carried on sewing.......NOW I have this


which when it has been embellished and "tweaked will be a cushion cover.......and  this


which again needs "tweaking" and embellishing into a wall hanging. The fabric on the back is some I "found" in my stash...its not what I was looking for ,but, its a good fit...and using it will create a  miniscule depression in my stash!


The centre fabric has to be folded and ironed to make the design...and I can add buttons and beads to enhance it. Will post when I have finished...mind you I am back at work to-night ( I work 7 on, 7 off) so they may be sat on the wall for a while.

Keep smiling

Diane xx

No comments: