Saturday 19 November 2011

getting organised

Next Tuesday is quilt group in Congleton, the topic is Celtic quilting.....no I haven't read the programme (!), I know what it is because I have been asked to help out!!

There is to be a demonstration and then a block making session. The organisers want someone on each table who ....and I quote..."knows what they are doing"...it seem I fall into that category...so I am to be a helper.

Also we have been asked to take samples for others to look at.

SO. do I take a small piece...such as a sample

or a cushion...

or a small wall hanging?

OR should I go with a wall hanging/table runner?

Then again there is a larger wall hanging

with embellishments of course....

then there is my Christmas lap quilt

which I LOVE

maybe I will just take them all!! More the merrier xx

Keep smiling
Diane xx

3 comments:

Amanda said...

You obviously do know what you're doing with celtic work, they're all lovely. I've never tried this technique, so wish I was coming to your group meeting to learn how.

Judy said...

Diane, this is wonderful work. You have such a talent for these Celtic patterns.Is it ribbon sewn onto fabric? The Christmas quilt is beautiful. And a note, your brothers all look great!

Pippa Parsons said...

oh i love them all, I did a celtic course with quilt university and was surprised I liked hand stitching so much, my dh really likes celtic things but I only did a tablerunner which got given away as a Christmas present...ahh inspiration for my mug rug swop. I really really like the Christmas lap quilt, beautiful colours and the silver accents it wonderfully