Monday 30 July 2012

TODAY..

... Josh and I have been busy, we have been in and out ... including taking the dogs for a LONG walk... and now he and the dogs are trying (not very successfully) to keep the snoring down to a low level!!

We also had rather a large tea.. that I think was Josh's downfall lol x

I have taken advantage of this, and while I was making tea I  cut out and worked on my latest mug mat...


OK lets be honest it will hold THE LOT..


cup saucer AND plate xx lol x...


I so like this block..


I have been practising my machine quilting as well..(and the backing fabric is fun xx)


Keep smiling

Diane xx

12 comments:

DaisyChain said...

Backing fabric is great. Am in process of making some 'mini' mug mats myself. Yours puts mine to shame!

quiltmania said...

It looks wonderful. I'll be right over for tea!

mammafairy said...

Love that in the red! Nice quilting too! Just ready for tea and cakes!

CathyC said...

This looks lovely -)

Ali Honey said...

Wonderful! I am right into making mug rugs of any size at the moment. Small table mats, large coasters, call them what you will. They are satisfying to make cause they get finished quickly.
Love your quilting on them.

SharynB said...

Great that it's a good size - might try that

Carla said...

Very nice idea for a mug rug!

Maggi said...

Lovely. You'll have everyone wanting an invitation to tea.

Michele said...

Niiicccceeeee.

Annabelle said...

Mug rug is great and love the backing fabric. I so love these small projects in the summer when I would rather be outside most of the time but want to keep my hand in. We are swamped by cycling - still one more day to go - our village is surrounded and we cannot even get out of our road!

Smimmymoo said...

Looks good mum, well done x

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

That is a really striking block - I can see a quilt with those blocks separated by plain blocks. Thanks for sharing!