Wednesday 12 September 2012

LAST NIGHT...

...was the first meeting of the autumn/winter season for Congleton quilt group. The weather remains cold and wet but there was enough hot air in the room to keep us ALL warm!! lol x Lots of talk and catching up from the summer break, lots of tea to drink and homemade cake and biscuits to eat xx.. lovely x

We were given the details of this years raffle quilt. We are to make a maple leaf block..


the muslin was supplied, ... we just have to supply the "coloured" fabric...


This came today...


so I will have a bit of distraction for this evening. Back to work for me later xx

Keep smiling

Diane xx

4 comments:

quiltmania said...

Our quilt guild just started up this week as well. Isn't it fun to touch base with all your quilt friends.

Julie Fukuda said...

It will be fun to see that quilt come together ... but I wonder why that is called a maple because the shape is closer to an oriental plane tree. Maples have a center lobe. Enjoy the distraction, I know I would too.

Michelle C said...

Nice block! I'm kinda partial to maple leaves, being Canadian and all. Could you post the cutting instructions for me, please? I want to make a few, too!

Maggi said...

It's always good to get back to meeting our fellow quilters. SPQ started up again last Thursday, really miss it over the summer.