Wednesday 7 November 2012

LAST NIGHT ...

... was quilt group in Congleton. It was a LOUD and fun night xx Sometimes it just works out that way x

There was SUPPOSED to be a bag making session... but I do not think ANY sewing got done xx... I didn't see any ! One of the problems was that .. there is a second group that has recently started using the meeting hall, they are a card making group... and want tables!! SO the number available is now VERY restricted! It meant we were a bit squashed up ... good job we all get on with each other!! xx I have my pack ,and will find the time ... somewhere to make it up...


There was a discussion about the upcoming exhibition.. next July. I took in my cards etc (and am glad to see the back of them!), and a few other did too.... We have now been given ANOTHER challenge related to it!! GROAN! ..


We are to make a block with an applique bear that ..... represents how we see ourselves!!... there were some VERY rude suggestions I can tell you! Thinking cap back on!

AND we were given our Christmas challenge pack...



There was a table with fabric and "stuff" from a previous member that was being sold... I managed to mostly resist! BUT you have to join in!! This little bundle cost 5 pence!...


ALSO ... there was a traders table.... OK I admit it .... I DID NOT RESIST TOO MUCH!!!..

 

these goodies came home with me xx

NOW if anyone has too much time on their hands I could really do with a bit more... so you know where to send your spare time to xx lol x

Keep smiling

Diane xx


7 comments:

Podunk Pretties said...

What an interesting challenge...for some reason I see your bear drinking tea and eating cake!

Janet said...

I was going to send you some spare time but it got away on me :) Love the fabrics you picked up.

Indianna said...

Love the candy zig zag...... Who could resist that. Perhaps your bear should be shopping!

Ali Honey said...

Please may I jump on the band wagon and get some spare time too?
Nice fabric!

mammafairy said...

I think I am very slightly jealous of your Congleton group! It looks like tremendous fun. Where to find something similar round here??
Glad you enjoyed it though!

Spare time? what on earth is that?

SharynB said...

I love all those fabrics you bought home with you.
When you get some more spare time share it with me please...

Annabelle said...

Your group sounds such fun. I see a very busy bear - with head phones listening to Alfie!