Monday 31 December 2012

SOME SEWING...

...has been going on recently. HOOORAY!

Before Christmas ,I seemed to be in a race to get every thing done before going back to work ... and the sewing suffered, SO... I have spent the last couple of days indulging myself xx

I was Queen Bee for my Stash Bee (see button at side ) in October. I asked for flower blocks from the other ladies. The reason for this was that, my poor old garden was a COMPLETE washout last summer x  They did a wonderful job and I received 12 blocks.. With the one I made I had 13.. there should have been 14 ...but that is the life of swaps xx... SO I changed my origonal idea of how to put then together ... and came up with..


This layout incorporates the FRIENDSHIP star... which I thought was a fun way to go xx .... and allowed me to use the 13 blocks in a balanced way xx..


It is a good job I have BIG walls in my house ... because ..the top is 93 x 93 inches!!! As usual I got a bit carried away! Mind you I have used up some fabric from the ...overflowing .. stash x


Hope you all have a wonderful New Year

keep smiling

Diane xx

11 comments:

http://thankfullga447 said...

Have a wonderful 2013.

Jane in Cumbria said...

I love the colours, that will look spectacular!
Have a great New Year!

Michele said...

Great idea and it all came together very well. But now I'm guessing that you are going to use that excuse of using up some of your stash to be able to buy more fabric. LOL

Debra said...

Happy New Year to you Diane and fellow bloggers from Downunder. It is 12:36am 1 Jan 2013. Hard to believe 2012 is at an end. May we all stitch to our hearts content this year xxx

Podunk Pretties said...

Wonderful quilt! Spinning through the garden comes to mind when I look at it!

Maria said...

Yes I love the way you have putyour blocks together Diane..

Sarah Lou said...

Beautiful design to match the blocks! Happy New Year!

G Adrian, Sweden said...

I love to see all your work! Even if I don´t leave a comment every time I visit your blog, i´m here very often :)
Happy New Year!!!
Gun, Sweden

DaisyChain said...

Looks great, well done. Happy new year. x

quiltmania said...

Great use of the blocks! You have a wonderful new year.

SharynB said...

Happy New Year Diane, I love your quilt, it is gorgeous! Lets hope we all have lots and lots of gorgeous quilts done in 2013!!