Monday 25 February 2013

A WELCOME .....AND A WARNING...

...first off a very WARM welcome to Annie, who is joining us here at The Cheshire Quilter x You are very welcome to visit any time xx

NOW the warning .. at the end of the post will be a grizzly picture of what I did to my finger yesterday! So feel free to skip off into the warmth of another blog xxx He-He x

The ladies at Congleton Quilt group have sussed out that I am a bit of a sucker for a challenge! You may remember last year Joan gave me 2 projects that she had given up on ... a Christmas hanging, and a Halloween hanging... and I finished them both x Well, Gwen gave me 8 stack-and-wack blocks..


and a bundle of fabric...


My mum LOVES PURPLE , So, I thought I would make her a lap quilt for her birthday... now I KNOW that every machine has a different quarter inch ... BUT .. some ..OK MOST.. of the points were at the ends of the blocks!... NOT EVEN a sixteenth of fabric to make a seam! Gwen had already put 6 of the blocks to-gether ....and discovered this! (I think thats why she gave up and gave them to me!)

NOT to be defeated I set to and started putting them together .... and now Ta-DA....

 

I have a finished top xx mmmm I also like it ... so MAYBE mum will get it for her birthday!! lol x

NOW THE GRIZZLY BIT........ turn away now if feeling delicate! As I was coming to the end my rotary cutter slippped... You know the rest! It would not stop bleeding for HOURS!!.. as a nurse I knew the last place I wanted to go was the hospital ... so squeezed it into submission myself!! OH! and by the way....... I am pretty sure that at some place in there I said ...oh! dear! ... or words VERY similar to that!..


BE CAREFUL with your cutter x

Keep smiling

Diane x

15 comments:

heart of charnwood said...

Euuuuurgh, you've actually cut the end of your thumb off, yuck, ouch and some very strong words!!!

Stephanie Pettengell said...

ooooooooh, that is going to be so painful doing anything. Poor you.

Cynthia@wabisabiquilts said...

Ouch!! But I'm glad you didn't have to go to the hospital! I hope it heals fast.

Lorraine said...

Oh Diane, OUCH! your poor finger, hope it and you recover quickly it looks sooo sore.
L

Maggi said...

Managed to avoid the grisly pic having been made to feel quite faint when I saw it on FB this morning. Love what you have done with the blocks. Only the quilt police would bother about the points anyway, although you seem to have done well with them.

Mina said...

Ugh, you gave us the warning but I had to look anyway. I hope that you are feeling OK.

I think I have sliced off my finger prints before, but nothing that bled much.

Ali Honey said...

Oh dear, oh dear, oh Dear...that looks so painful. Be prepared for it to take quite q while to heal. Stop using it if you can....treat yourself to putting your feet up and your hand higher still with a nice cuppa and something special to eat. It would not do to get it in water so no housework, dishes or things that will hurt.
It certainly is a warning and I am being extra careful with everything I do at the moment.
Hugs and healing thoughts from the other side of the globe.

quiltmania said...

Ouch! Luckily I have only seen fingers like that on people taking my classes, not my own. I hope the throbbing has stopped and that you can get back to sewing. Your mom's purple quilt looks wonderful, great use of someone else's leftovers!

SharynB said...

Wow! Shades of my run in with the m,andolin slicer! Watch out for kefloid scarring with it!!!

Julie Fukuda said...

Oh Yikes! Scissors are a lot slower but a lot safer too. Even my stack-n'-whack I did with a template and scissors! I love yours but hope you didn't bleed on it.

Michele said...

OOOWWWWIIIEEE! No fun. My sister almost sliced right through her finger a number of weeks ago. I'll stay away from you two. You are dangerous.

Indianna said...

Hope you didn't bleed on any valuable fabric......seriously, I hope it mends ok as it looks a deep one!

Kathy said...

Wow, that is gruesome!!! but your mom's quilt top looks great! Be careful :)

Anthea said...

OMG Diane, I pop in to see your latest posts and find your bloodied finger in all its glory!
I hope it's healing well for you, no cutter for now!

ScissorsandThread said...

Wow amazing what you turned the fabric into - looks great. Hope your finger gets better soon.