Saturday 6 April 2013

I HAVE HAD...

... a lovely couple of days x Getting back to sewing after being at work is never a problem for me, I love sorting through the project to be done ,and... then changing my mind numerous times until I decide what to do!! I had a slight distraction with this...


one of my favourite magazines xx

I made this block for Patti.. for the Simply-Solids-Swap ..


she sent a beautiful linnen fabric, that was fun to work with x You may remember that I made my practise block into a candle mat...


I have also made my table runner for the latest swap.The plan was to use only charm packs .I wanted a plain background .. so randomly sewed a neutral charm pack together...


I then had a background for my applique..


I enjoyed making it , and as always there is that tug of ... OHHH! I don't want to send it !...BUT..


it will be winging its way to Anna in Melbourne...( not showing you the full image until Anna has received it and been the first to see the whole thing x)

 

We also went out last night... It was CATS at The Opera House in Manchester x We were close to the action..


mind you they come down into the audience!! Glad Adam was on the end of the row!

 

Hope you have a fun time xx I am off to look at the "to-do" list to decide ... what next..

Keep smiling

Diane xx

3 comments:

CathyC said...

Ohh, what a lovely table runner! Love Cats - we went to see it twice when it was here in Australia - and got the CD - so jealous it is still running over there ;-)

quiltmania said...

I am always a little envious of the wonderful shows you have nearby. Sigh. The little flowers on the tablerunner look so cute!

Maggi said...

Love the table runner. I can sympathise with working with colours that don't sit we'll with you as you will never feel that happy with the result.