Wednesday 26 March 2014

LAST NIGHT WAS ..

.. quilt group in Congleton, we had a make .. which was a bow tie block ...


it was fun and quick .. and I have an idea what I am going to make with it xx .. watch this space .. because of course I have nothing else to finish off!! lol x

This morning it was cold and a bit breezy .. but the sun was shinning .. so I loaded my mum and dad into the car and off we went to Mostyn in North Wales .. WHY? you ask ? WELLLL .....Aberkhan is there .... I managed to find (!) some fabric...


for quilt backs .. and some buttons that were on sale..


I think this is my favourite ..


AND .....I was spotted by a fellow blogger who recognised me from the mug shot at the top of my blog!! Oh Wow!! It was such fun x We checked out the new cafe and gift shop xx

THEN it was off to Prestatyn for the BEST fish and chips xx NO pictures .. because we ate them all ! Is it the fresh air that makes them taste so good? mm don't know xx

It was VERY windy and cold ...




...but a beautiful day ... no cobwebs are left on .. or in .. us!!!!!! lol x

Hope you had a good day too x

Diane xx

12 comments:

Catherine said...

You're famous:-)! Looks like you had a good day trip with Mum and Dad!

Lucy | Charm About You said...

What fun! We quite often take the kids to Prestatyn and my dad used to go there when he was little!

Andrea said...

It was nice to meet you Diane - I didn't find any fabric unfortunately. Just a couple of balls of wool for me. I find Abakhan a bit all-or-nothing. Sometimes I could ( and do ) spend a fortune x

Kathy said...

Looks like you had a fun trip and how neat to meet a fellow blogger. Something we have in common. Hey did you go to the extra work of even adding the corner to the already square orange block. Impressive but what a lot of extra work.

http://thankfullga447 said...

I had fish and chips here today with my friend from England. On my bucket list is a bow tie quilt.

Jane said...

Looks like you had a good day. I've had an unplanned trip to Abakhan this week as well, although it was the much less scenic Manchester city centre one. x

Julie Fukuda said...

Now I know where the sun went.
What fun to meet a fellow blogger ... and that owl button is worth the trip.

Amanda said...

The owl button is so cute, I hope you're just going to put it somewhere in your sewing room to just cheer you up whenever you see it. It's far too nice to use. I can bear chilly and breezy when the sun shines and you can feel it warm on your face when you get out of the breeze.

the running hare said...

Sounds like a great day out- shopping and fish n' chips at the seaside!

mumasu said...

Smashing bow tie block. Love the owl button. I hope your mum's doing well, she's looking good. Can't beat a day at the beach :)

Maggi said...

Looks like you had a good day out. I love the buttons.

Debra said...

Has Sally put in an order for something with those owl buttons? They are very cute. I do like your bowtie hanger.