Monday 26 May 2014

THE BAG... for my partner

....in the BAG SWAP ....that I was NOT going to do!! ..lol ..  has been made ... and is in the post winging its way to America xx SO.. that means I can post a few sneaky peeks of it xx

First off when I made the practice one (in the air also .. going to daughter in Australia x) I used this...


...closure. WELL I changed my mind and went with..

 
 

..!!!!! I know! A zip!! I am soooo pleased with myself because it went in like a dream!! Who knew I could do that.. NOT ME!! lol x

I used this..


 for the lining, and I made the pockets (just showing a few)    scrappy .. as requested ..




and tried to incorporate colours from her mosaic. NOW just need to wait to hear that it got there safe and sound xx Then I can show you a photo of the whole thing xx

It is a Bank Holiday here in the UK .. and most unusually the sun is shining! SO .. into the garden I go to make the most of it .. rained every day for nearly a week now xx Hope it is nice where you are x

Diane x

10 comments:

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Yay for the lovely bag, but boo to the weather, it's rained all morning here in the south :-(

Lorraine said...

Enjoy your day Dianne.
Lx

Karen said...

Very pretty. You are awesome sewing with zippers. I haven't sewn a zipper in years.

mumasu said...

They're both going to be very happy campers. Rained here most of the day too :)

mumasu said...

They're both going to be very happy campers. Rained here most of the day too :)

Maggi said...

Here's hoping that both those lovely bags arrive safely. They are certainly going to be appreciated.

I hope you enjoyed your BH, at least the rain held off until late afternoon here, not so today.

SharynB said...

Love the fabric for both those bags! Love to see the whole bag though - one day I might try a proper bag too!
Well done you.

kiwikid said...

The bags look wonderful Diane! Hope the weather stays fine for you.
xx

mammafairy said...

wonderful bag, Di, and that zip has gone in a dream! just niggling- you know what I am like- you used and open end zipper for this- was that deliberate policy, and did it therefore go in more easily, or was it just what you had? ( tell me to butt out and get stuffed if you wish, I am just dead curious...)

Jeneta said...

This bag looks amazing!! The zip is perfect.