Friday 6 June 2014

ITS ALWAYS INTERESTING ...

... to me how things can get mixed and tangled xx I .. as you know...I have been looking for a lost blade for my rotary cutter.. still not found it BUT I KNOW ITS THERE!!!... however I've been finding so many other "things"... that I didn't know was lost!! lol x

One of these was a book...


that had fallen between 2 boxes. I have previously used the book and enjoyed making the various techniques .. I was thinking that I wanted to have a go and make some folded patchwork again . THEN at Congleton quilt group meeting on Tuesday our gallant leader asked me if I was prepared to help at the next meeting by being one of several members who are to be demonstrating ...... FOLDED PATCHWORK!! ... I had to say yes now didn't I!!

So... I have cut out the pieces for folks to have a go..


I had a few made ready as examples ...


then... my mum was not so good and had an unplanned stay in hospital!! ... home again now and grumpy .. so obviously feeling better!! lol x she will be after me if she finds out I said that!! lol  As some of you will know sitting around waiting for blood results and Dr reviews can be ... BORING!! .. so now I have ...


quite a few more examples xx He-He I will have to make something now xx mmmm wonder what it will be xx ... watch this space .. well AFTER the next session anyway x

Diane x

7 comments:

mammafairy said...

looks an interesting book! I shall look forward to seeing what you do with those fabric pieces...

kiwikid said...

Very interesting, can't wait to see what you do with them. Hope your Mum is all good now. You are famous...no you are demonstrating!! Enjoy!!
xx

Julie Fukuda said...

I have to chuckle about the cutter blade. I have two spares sitting around forever because I never use my rotary cutter! BUT, I do experience looking for things I know are here somewhere because i just saw them when I was looking for something else!

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

Hope mum feels better soon, fab block, what would you do with them? Have I told you what CRAFT stands for? Can't Remember A Flipping Thing! (Can't remember if I've already told you!!!

SharynB said...

Thats why I own four rotary cutters! I never lose one without finding another!1
Love the folded patchwork - I have some of those books but I've never tried it, must have a go! Fancy being a demonstrator now, well done!!

quiltmania said...

I'm glad mom is home and feeling grumpy! And look at what your busy fingers made while you waited. Lovely!

Maggi said...

Sorry to hear about your mum but glad she is back home and recovering.

I'm also glad that you found the book. I really enjoyed her work when she was on TQS.