Sunday 29 June 2014

THE WORD FOR THIS WEEK...

............ in  Alsha's Space: 52 Weeks Word Photo Challenge is RED. I am very fond of this colour and so finding pictures was NOT a problem xx I could choose any one of these..




I will leave it to decide which one YOU would choose x

The quilt they are wrapped up in is my FIRST log cabin ..



as you can see it has been much used .. and LOVED ..and washed! And it is the FIRST one I used fleece on the back x


... yes! you read that right .. I made it ALL by hand .. I had been working nights on a VERY quiet ward (first and LAST time ever)!!.. it is a wonderful warm and cosy red .. and I am sure that is one of the reasons it has been SO loved . It was a favourite of my daughters .. but they just did not have room to take it to Australia with them .. makes me think of her every time I see it x

Pop over and see the other entries and maybe enter one of your own while you are there xx

Diane x

ps. I haven't traded the boys in .. its my sons cat!! lol x

11 comments:

Maggi said...

Beautiful photos although I have to confess that my favourite is the one of the cat

mumasu said...

I really like that quilt, the logs, the poppies, the way it's put together. I'm not surprised it was well loved, it looks like your grandson still loves it :)

loulee said...

Lovely, lovely quilt.

SharynB said...

I love your quilt - it is so gorgeous, and your sons cat is gorgeous too, and your grandson - everything I love!!

Moose-ings said...

Lovely photos, but I'm biased - it's always the kittehs for me!

Julie Fukuda said...

If the focus of red is the quilt, they are all tops. I love the srory as much as the quilt.

Carla said...

It's so nice when our quilts are loved!

kiwikid said...

Beautiful photos Diane, like them all - love your quilt, it is nice to see it is well loved!
xx

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

I've got two red fleece patchworks on the go, they somehow seem much warner than using other coloured fleece! Awesome log cabin!

Janet said...

Pretty quilt! I love red too. I think those boys do as well! :)

quiltmania said...

It's wonderful to see a well loved quilt!