Saturday 20 September 2014

GOOD MORNING...

... its a bit dull here this morning .. not complaining though , because, for the first time in WEEKS we have had some .. much needed .. rain . The air is much fresher .. you can hear the plants sucking it up ... AH! Very nice x

I have been putting off making the postcard for the swap this month. The theme is ....wait for it... free machine quilting!! GOOD LORD!!! I barely machine!! I know you need to practice at this .. but first, you have to have an interest!!... and I don't!

Hey-Ho... I'm not going to let my partner down.. even when I don't like the theme! SO...


this is my crummy effort! I had a go .. no more will be said! lol x

I was asked to make 4 Christmas bags ... money will be crossing palms here xx..... SO within 2 days of being asked I have made ..









SEE THE DIFFERENCE when I am motivated? lol x

I was looking at this cushion ...


.... remember I made it at Area day? Well I was thinking about how she said the whole look  can be changed around ... and so I changed it around and made ... 


I am really pleased with it x.....ALL I did was change the white from a dominant position .. and very obvious to a minor position ... its EXACTLY the same block xx




 How cool is that x ... I do have to laugh at myself sometimes !!! lol x

Off to find some more motivation ... NO free machine quilting ... or housework either come to that xx

Have a lovely time yourselves

Diane x

4 comments:

Carla said...

Free motion and me don't get along well. I like straight lines ; )

Michele said...

The bags look great!

Maggi said...

Love the bags and well done for doing the postcard, even if you didn't enjoy it, all the more special for that.

loulee said...

I don't get on with FMQ either. Yours looks fine though, I'd be delighted to receive it in a swap. I'm sure the recipient will be delighted too.
Cute bags.