Sunday 14 September 2014

THIS IS ...

... something of a catch-up post. I have been out and about quite a bit this week .. and will TRY and remember to tell you all I have been doing x

We were back at Congleton (Beartown) Quilt group on Tuesday ... it was a catch-up after the summer meet... so a bit of everything ... including cake ,tea ,and LOTS of gossip xx Here are some of the many postcards that have been made so far this year ...



not wonderful pictures .. but hopefully you get the idea x

Wednesday as you know we were at the sea-side x

Thursday it was back to Sandbach Quilt group .. We had Chandra Law come to talk to us about making and using batik fabrics ..great talk .. very funny as well as interesting  x  AND the bags came back xx They were sooooo wonderful ...




again not the best pictures!! He-He I need to stop getting all involved and take better pictures!! lol x

Yesterday was The Quilters Guild area day ( we are Region 13)... we had a lady called Carolyn...(I cannot remember her last name!! oops!) Who is a mathematician and talked to us about changing around blocks to make secondary patterns .. she was amazing and had LOTS of quilts to show xx  In the afternoon we had a choice of 3 blocks to make ... by hand x with many variations to make patterns with. I chose to make this block...


and this am made it into a cushion ..


shhhhh! Don't tell .. but I HAD to buy some fabric ... got to keep the local traders in business you know xx lol ...


I picked up Josh (grandson no. 1) on the way home yesterday ... and we went to watch Boxtrolls .. NOW .. there is an odd little film ! Watchable .. but odd x

I think you are up to date .. I'll be back soon anyway x

Diane x

3 comments:

Kleep said...

Love that pillow! Also, great buys. So good of you to keep local shops going ;)

Maggi said...

A busy time indeed. Well done to everyone for all the bags and postcards.

kiwikid said...

You have been a very busy person!! The postcards are great....love the cushion...I am a huge batiks fan myself.