Friday 28 November 2014

PHEW!!....

... there has been A LOT of grandma duties this last week .. I'm NOT complaining xx .. just saying x.. and this weekend there will be MORE!!

 .. you can always spot Christmas coming as it is not just the kids who have a social life!... and last night was my turn x

CAN YOU BELIEVE that it is 12 months since I retired!!.. neither can I !! Over this time I have kept in touch with some of the girls I worked with by organising a night out every 2 months .. the core number is 5 but changes up and down due to "life" and work commitments .. 



each time I make a small gift for the girls xx Last night was the cup-cosies xx

We had a great time .. catching up on gossip.. laughing .. THEM moaning about the Christmas off-duty... ME not!! lol x all good fun... AND THEN....


....they gave me a card and a voucher for Hobbycraft... oh! I will be forced to visit ... again! lol xx

NEXT years dates have been worked out .. and I will be booking the January night soon xx

I am off to a Do-Your-Own-Thing-Day with Congleton Quilt group to-morrow .. so I might just have some sewing to show you ... I DO have a hand sewing project on the go that has had work done on it .. but I want to show the top when it is finished rather than in dribs and drabs xx

Hope YOU are having a social life for the holidays too xx

Diane xx

6 comments:

kiwikid said...

Your nights out sound lovely, it is god to keep in touch with your work mates.....wow that 12 months has gone by so quickly!! Lovely gift they gave you. Why no photo of you?

Farm Gate Creations Incorporating Hummingbird Quilting said...

Oh the hardship of having to go to the Hobbycraft centre....LOL..enjoy spending.

Maggi said...

Sounds like you are having a good social life. Enjoy your Hobbycraft visit.

Pinnylea Creations said...

It's great catching up with friends. I totally understand about the off duty lol x

Janet said...

Wow! A year since you retired! I think I should join you.

Googy Girl said...

Christmas time does get insane with all the social activities. Looks like you have lovely friends