Saturday 21 March 2015

THIS LAST WEEK....

.. there has not been a lot of time for sewing .. SO... today I was determined that the morning .. at least was for the sewing room x

I started with the 4 latest blocks in the miniature series...


.. funny it is only a week since I listened to the Quilters Guild member talking about miniatures .. and said "its not for me..." but then these are HUGE compared to the ones she makes xx lol x

THEN I had a play with this little bag ...



this was a make on-the-night at Congleton .. I was not there on the night as it was when my dad was taken poorly .. so they saved me a kit x.. not sure if it is right .. but its my take on it!.. the plastic was (not so much) fun ... but it worked eventually! lol x

Then I thought ... mm I could have a go at something similar .. but NO PLASTIC!!.. so after a bit of a play I have ..




they were fun to make x.... now just to remember how I made them!! lol x

Diane x

6 comments:

Jeneta said...

Your bags are lovely! I can imagine that the plastic was not quite as much fun as sewing the fabric. I love your miniatures!! Are they paper pieced?

Benta AtSLIKstitches said...

If you can try and keep fabric on the bottom s you sew it moves along fairly well, but the vinyl doesn't slide along the footplate very wel! Lovely bags though, all of them!

Pinnylea Creations said...

I'm with you on vinyl grrr, the bags look great xx

Queen Of The Armchair aka Dzintra Stitcheries said...

Lol isn't that the way sometimes! Good job Diane!

kiwikid said...

Love the bags you have made...well done, have you remembered how you made them?? Lol!! How is your Dad? I hope he is going ok. Your miniatures are wonderful too!

Maggi said...

A lovely selection. I'm not a fan of plastic either so I like your variation.